1. Emotional perfectionism: I should always feel happy, confident, and in
control of my emotions.
2. Performance perfectionism: I must never fail or make a mistake.
3. Perceived perfectionism: People will not love and accept me as a flawed and
vulnerable human being.
4. Fear of disapproval or criticism: I need everybodyís approval to be
5. Fear of rejection: If Iím not loved, then life is not worth living.
6. Fear of being alone: If Iím alone, then Iím bound to feel miserable and
7. Fear of failure: My worthwhileness depends on my achievements (or my
intelligence or status or attractiveness).
8. Conflict phobia: People who love each other shouldnít fight.
9. Emotophobia: I should not feel angry, anxious, inadequate, jealous or
10. Entitlement: People should always be the way I expect them to be.
to Explore Your Belief Systems
Click here for the
Six-Step Change Model for changing your thoughts
and increasing your happiness
here for the ABC Change Model for learning optimism